Need Help With Google Places - Call 310-910-1848


It is all here. Everything I know about Google Places. I will also be bringing you articles about what other people know about Google Places. There are videos to help you. We will direct you to other sites or videos if we think that will be even better.


But, just to be clear. Some of the secret to success has to do with writing skill, practice, analytical capabilities, marketing techniques, and internet savvy. If you would like to turn the work over to a pro, call me. I answer the phone. We can discuss your needs. 310-910-1848

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Google Places: Prioritizing Your Keywords, City, and Zip Codes

Is it possible to have it all?  You can accomplish everything I suggest, and do it perfectly, but sadly you won't get every keyword in every city and zip code you care about on Places.  Right now I am working with a personal trainer in West Los Angeles who's business makes this case.

She would be thrilled to rank highly under Pilate Instructor, Pilate classes, Fitness, Exercise Classes, Nutrition, Personal Trainer, boot camp, weight loss consultant, personal fitness coach, and many more.  In addition, her West L.A. address would allow her to draw from 15 cities such as Santa Monica, Culver City, and El Segundo, as well as 10 Los Angeles "villages" like Westwood, Venice, and Marina Del Rey.  I wish there was a way to do all that.

Google Maps and other LSE's (Local Search Engines) are structured to give some sort of indexing based on how close they are to the city included in the search.  For example, if I'm searching for Personal Trainer Santa Monica, why would I want an El Segundo business to show up first if the two cities are 8 miles away?


Now lets say I'm the owner, and my business borders Santa Monica and Mar Vista. However, my business is really located in Mar Vista, a small village of Los Angeles and less noticeable than Santa Monica. I sure would like to show up on the MAP in Santa Monica.

Reality time, sadly, you are going to have to do some prioritizing.  In fact, you should really pick one key word and one city first.  Next, do you try to broaden your control under that keyword, or work harder to dominate several key words in your primary city?  Either way, the more cities you get or the more keywords you want, the harder it is to accomplish your tasks.  However, it is better to at least set clear goals.

If you want to expand your reach past the "natural" stretches of Google Places algorithm, there are tricks that you can count on never being published by me.  For these tricks, call me at 310-910-1848.

No comments:

Post a Comment